Oaklands School Learner Qualities
Be Self Aware (Excellence Value): SML tasks
Be self aware
I know my learning goals.
I know how I learn best.
Think about and reflect on:
- How have I been managing my time with completing my SML Tasks? I have been managing my time with SML because I do some at home.
- How well have I been completing them? Mostly every week I have been getting around 16 points
- Have I been completing my MUST Dos each week? I been completing my MUST Dos basically every week
- Have I been organised enough to complete bonus tasks? Some weeks I get on to do some bonus tasks and some weeks I don’t get my bonus tasks done.
What is my learning goal?
IALT manage my time well so I complete all my “MUST Do” SML Tasks each week.
What has been going well?
My maths has been going well for me because if I have not finished my maths during maths I work on it during SML time.
What have I been learning to do to get the tasks done?
Trying to get at least 3-4 SML tasks done per day.
Which tasks have I completed well? Why?
I have completed Mathletics well by using my time wisely by doing most of it at home and some at school.
Which tasks have been challenging? Why?
The task that I think that has been challenging is spelling because I don’t often know when to do it.
What are some other bonus tasks I would like to do?
A bonus task I would like to do is word search.
My next step is……..
To get more done at home so I can focus on Reading,Writing and maths tasks done during school.
- I’ve enjoyed getting the dancing over and done with because it is something that I loath at.
- I’ve been challenged by having to do the dancing.
- I have surprised myself that I kind of liked it
- I learnt the Cha Cha Cha and hip hop
- I found it okay
- I would now like to not do it again
IALT use language that is suitable to the topic, audience and purpose (Structure and Langauge)
About to Hatch
About to Hatch
I am walking along a beach and It's already 10:30 am on a Tuesday. All of a sudden I hear something, I run towards the noise. I can hear someone shouting, “ Oi stop trying to crack open that rock.”
I'm starting to see waves crashing over the boulders as one of them begins to roll slowly towards the waves.
I can hear a booming crash inside the humongous boulder and all of sudden it starts to crack open.
I can smell the scent of bananas oozing from inside the big rough rock.
I can feel hot sand underneath my feet as I start to move carefully towards the spherical rock.
I can taste salty sea water in the salty air as I move forwards.
Crack! A tiny pink fluffy creature pops out . It is a unicorn.
My reflection on this writing:
Using a range of describing words
I have worked towards achieving my goals by:
Writing about what I sensed was happening at the scene eg what I see, hear, feel, taste and smell.
This week I have participated actively in a range of learning experiences around ‘Multicultural week'
WHAT: I was involved in a range of learning experiences for Multicultural week. I did okay trying to use chopsticks to pick up jellybeans.
I learnt how to make a Chinese creation called spring.
I enjoyed using chopsticks to pick up jellybeans.
I was most fascinated by all the cultures that we have at our school
NOW WHATA question I have is how many people live in Russia.